Friday, October 5, 2012

DTC!

We are DTC!!! I am so excited to be able to post that we are finally DTC! (Dossier to China). At 6:00 this evening I got the email I have been waiting so long to receive. Lucky for me, I happened to be with my best friend, who thought to take a picture of me when I received the news:

There is still a long road ahead for us, but we are SO happy to celebrate this milestone tonight. I was at a little "happy hour" with my sisters (well, one is my best friend, but she is pretty much a sister) when I got the news. I am so glad I was able to share that moment with them (minus Amy and Kim ... wish you could have been there!). These girls have been listening to me talk about this since early 2011, and I never could have made it this far without them. Thanks girls for all the love and support! Here we are celebrating the good news:

It was such a great feeling to come home and celebrate with my hubby. Now we wait for our dossier to be received in China, which usually takes 3-5 days. Then, sometime within 3 weeks of being received, our dossier will be "logged in". This Log-In-Date is called our "LID", and once we receive that, we are officially ready to receive a referral!! A referral could take anywhere from 1-12 months to receive. So, for now we are just happy to be ONE STEP CLOSER TO OUR GIRL!!!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for us! I'm so glad I've made a new friend to go through this with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, I have goose bumps. It's been a long long journey and it feels like it's in reach finally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reaction to hearing this great news says it all! So honored to be there and so thrilled that things are moving along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued good luck on your journey Maureen! Wishing you and your family all the best. What a lucky little girl to join a loving family. Hopefully the wait will not be too long. Lots of love from NY. Kathy Murphy

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS