Saturday, July 13, 2013

We are home!!

We have made it home! It was an incredibly long day of travel.  We had a 15 hour flight from Hong Kong to Newark, then an 8 hour layover in Newark (we were delayed AGAIN), and a 2 hour flight from Newark home.  Rob and I were awake for over 24 hours but the good news is Vivian was awesome!  She only slept about 4 hours on the flight from China (harder on me than her)!  Needless to say we were exhausted when we landed, but incredibly happy.  When our wheels touched down I started bawling.  Very emotional to finally be home with Vivian.

Our kids talked us into letting them stay up late to greet Vivian (we finally landed at almost midnight).  I'm so glad we did.  My parents were also there along with my sisters Kathleen and Megan, and my best friend, Vicky.  There were all so sweet to stay up so late just to get a chance to greet Vivian.  








Things have been going really well since we arrived home.  Vivian is getting more and more comfortable everyday in her new home. She has taken to my mom and dad and it is very cute.  The kids are a little "in her face" right now, but we are trying to help them to chill out a bit and give her some space.  We are struggling with some jet lag (Rob, Vivian and I all started our day at 3 am today), but that is expected and we hope in the next few days we can adjust back to a normal time schedule.

It is just awesome to be on the other side of this journey.  Rob and I feel our biggest job right now is to make sure we work hard to help Vivian transition, but to also make sure we are paying as much attention as possible to our other three kids.  That is a little trickier with an adopted child than when you bring a newborn home from the hospital.  Vivian is very needy of me and I want that, but I also want to be holding and loving on my other kids that I missed so much.  We have our work cut out for us for a while!

Everyone is asking me if I am going to continue to blog.  For right now, the answer is yes.  I definitely think Vivian's transition into our family is a part of her story.  But, I also think now that we are home, finding the time to blog is going to get more and more difficult, and I don't know exactly how long I will keep it up.  I don't want to continue to do it if it is interfering with any time I  need to be spending with my four kids!!  I think I will know when the time is right to wrap things up.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! So good to see your family all together! Hope the transition continues to go well and hope you recover from jet lag quickly! Thank you for continuing to blog when you have time.

    Loved following your journey so far. Many blessings to your beautiful family, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying again. It's so beautiful to see your family together finally. I love the pic of you holding your two girls. There is one below that of your son looking so proudly at his baby sister. Amazing!
    Good luck with the jet lag and teaching Vivian how to sleep at home in a new environment. For us that was the biggest struggle. Hang in there. Each day gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!! It must feel amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS