Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Last post from the USA

I can't believe this is my last post before China!  I'm going to have to make it short as we are still working to get ready.  But, I did want to briefly say a few things.

First of all, I wanted to sincerely thank everyone who donated to Vivian's orphanage through our last post.  We greatly appreciate your generosity and we are excited about what we are going to be able to do for the children.  We will definitely post details and pictures of what we purchase for the orphanage.

Second, I wanted to give a brief breakdown of our agenda.  Bright and early at 4 am tomorrow morning we will leave for the airport.  We will travel ALL DAY and land at what would be 5:30 AM Friday morning US time, but what will be 5:30 PM in Hong Kong. Here is the rest of our itinerary:

-Saturday - tour Hong Kong
-Sunday - leave Hong Kong for Nanning (Nanning is the capital city of Guangxi, which is Vivian's province)
-Monday, 7/1 - Gotcha Day!!!  Meet Vivian at the Civil Affairs Office in Nanning
-Friday, 7/5 - leave Nanning and fly to Guangzhou
-Wednesday, 7/10 - leave Guangzhou and head back to Hong Kong
-Thursday, 7/11 - Depart Hong Kong for the USA!!!!!

It is going to be a very long two weeks!  In total we will take 6 flights and one train ride before we come home!

Amazingly, Rob and I have managed to fit all of our clothes, Vivian's clothes, snacks, toys and supplies for two weeks into 1 suitcase each.

it started like this

Lets put it this way, you are going to see us in A LOT of the same clothes over the next two weeks!!!  And I had to ditch the hair dryer and straightener.  But, we aren't there to look good, so it was fine.

now it looks like this

It is really hard to put into words the emotions we have right now.  Mix excitement, happiness, and anticipation with nerves, fear and dread and whatever that emotion is....that is what we are!

I am going to do my best to keep this blog updated while we are there.  It is just hard to know how our internet access will be.  If you  follow us by email, just be aware that when I update this blog, the email updates don't go out until several hours later.  In other words, if you want to know what is happening you might be better off just checking in on the web:  www.findingmeimei.blogspot.com.

I can't close without saying thank you.  Thank you to all of our friends, near and far, old and new, who have supported us throughout this journey.  We have been so overwhelmed by your kindness.  Every email, text, and Facebook message have been read by Rob and I, and they have meant the world to us.  Thank you.

And of course thanks so much to both sets of grandparents.  They have their hands full with our three kids for the next two weeks!!!  We couldn't leave and focus on Vivian they way we need to if it weren't for you guys.  Our kids are a hand full and we know you will be working hard.  Thanks also to my awesome sister and sister-in-law, who have worked their summer schedules out to make sure that our kids will get to visit with their cousins while we are gone.  I know it will help the time go by for our kids and I am so grateful to both of you. (and my brother-in-law who will be stuck in a car for 5 1/2 hours with my kids!!!!  Bless him!)

OK, we'll check in from Hong Kong!!! (God willing)


    
           

6 comments:

  1. Blessings!! Go get your girl!! Can't wait to follow along!

    Jennifer ( FB DTC group)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your journey ! God bless and enjoy it all!
    Hong Kong is wonderful. Enjoy your time in your daughters birth place and try to soak it all in. It goes by so fast ... Enjoy the ride. Blessing
    Ally @ Even Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited for your family!!! I cannot wait to see your Gotchya Day pics!! You will be in my prayers!! I hope the next two weeks fly by so you get back home and begin your life as a family of 6!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! We are so happy for you all! Love, Emi & Scott Melker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon voyage! Enjoy the path. Don't sweat the small stuff. Reach out when you need.
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dreading the packing but ready for the journey. Enjoy this amazing adventure. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS